Welcome to St Nicholas’, Churchstoke!
Our Vision is to be disciples of Jesus Christ, to grow the Church and extend the Kingdom – for the glory of God and the blessing of our community
HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh
Following the sad news of the death of HRH Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh, you may like to know that our church in Churchstoke will be open for private prayer from 2-4pm on Saturday 10th, Sunday 11th, Monday 12th and Tuesday 13th April. Coronavirus regulations will apply: please wear a mask, sanitise your hands on entrance and keep a distance of 2m.
You may also like to sign the online Book of Condolence or light an online candle on the Church of England website here:
Welcome to the Church of England’s official website | The Church of England
More on the NEWS page
* At present our worship is every Sunday via Zoom at 11am. Please email me for a link to join in with worship via Zoom. Building work in church is progressing well and we hope to be able to open church for services later in the year. Please see our News section for updates.*
- every Sunday at 10.30am
- a mix of Bible teaching, prayers, modern songs and well-known hymns
- Holy Communion is the second and fourth Sunday
- Sunday Central is for all ages (third Sunday every month) featuring drama, relaxed and lively worship, with a mix of quiet prayer and activities including big craft construction
- Revd Carol Whittock, Mission Priest of Churchstoke
- Mr David Jelves, Lay Minister
We are part of the OnnyCamlad Group of Parishes (named after two rivers). Revd Vivienne Hatton is the Priest-in-charge.
We believe in:
- God the Father, Creator of all things
- Jesus Christ, God the Son, who died on the cross in our place. He rose again, enabling those who believe to rise again to eternal life with God
- God the Holy Spirit, who gives us power to follow Jesus as His disciples